Thursday, April 29, 2010

So True...

My friend sent me an email with a bunch of random thoughts. They are so true and so funny. I think several of them cross my mind everyday. Here are some favorites:

- I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was
younger.

- There is great need for a sarcasm font.

- Was learning cursive really necessary?

- Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty
sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

- I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

- Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't
want to have to restart my collection...again. (For me, this is DVD. I haven't stepped up to Blue Ray yet.)

- I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me
if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I
did not make any changes to.

- "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -
ever.

- I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?...nothing), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

- I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing
anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

- I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to
answer when they call.

- Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

- I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand
than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

- I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
hunger.

- How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod
and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up
to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and
sisters!

- Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty,
and you can wear them forever.

- There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are
going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

- Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not
know what time it is.

- Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car
keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the
Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to know my random thoughts really aren't that random. I just thought I was weird, but I'm finding comfort in knowing other people think the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness... i hate that i'm just now reading this post. it's. so. awesome. and i'm now going to share it with everyone. for reals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great. I saw Sabrina's post of this.

    Also, you'll be happy to know that cursive, at least in Greenville County, is no longer being taught. The only thing I write in cursive these days is my name to sign a check.

    ReplyDelete