Sunday, July 25, 2010

Elizabeth's Wedding Weekend Preview






















So I don't have a whole lot of pictures from this past weekend because I think my camera might be broken. However, at some point, I will post the ones I did get and maybe a few stories as well.

For now, though, you can enjoy this sight of Elizabeth's bridesmaids holding her up and imagine what this looked like when we tried the same thing with Rusty during our photo shoot before the wedding. I'm just thankful no one was injured.

I also thought I'd share some of my favorite quotes from the weekend. I must say, it lived up to it's billing - it was quite a quotable weekend...

- "I wanted to elope. He thought family was important."

- "You are awesome. I'm so glad you're here. Wipe your nose."

- "We would NOT have been friends in high school." (That was Liz talking about her husband.)

- "Does it have a ukulele? Ok, good."

- "Brooke led me to the right drugs."

- "Wear the sunglasses when you walk down. Keep them on during the ceremony. The girls will carry them and then put them on. You will keep them on the whole time." (It was more the tone and speed of this last statement than the quote itself.)

- "We need to rotate the cross."

- "Carlyn, that was negative, say 3 positive things." ..."Ok, 1. I don't have to get on a plane with Brooke today. 2. I don't have to get in a car with Brooke today. 3. This biscuit is really good."

- "Speaking of relationships, Cristin, when are you getting married?" (It wasn't the question that was funny, it was the awesome transition that she thought wasn't awkward at all.)

- (to me) "It's going to take a special man to marry you because you are your father to the core."

- "Write that down for our quote book."

I'm sure I'm leaving some out, maybe Carlyn can remember more.


2 comments:

  1. "Before I moved here, I didn't think Dollywood was actually real. I just thought it was a joke. You know, Hollywood, Bollywood, Dollywood!" -- Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yeah, I forgot about that one.

    Carlyn also added: "Carlyn, stop freaking out we aren't going fast enough that we will die." - Brooke

    ReplyDelete