Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Things

Ok, so Carlyn did this, so I figured I would, too...

This '25 Things' Note is going around Facebook, so I decided to put it on here too.

I used (my sister) Carlyn’s ’25 Things’ as a template, so some of mine are responses to hers. 

1. I love naps.

2.I am left-handed when it comes to writing, eating, and dexterity, but right-handed throwing, hitting, shooting basketball, kicking, and other things more strength oriented.

3. I am a nerd when it comes to sports medicine…Actually, I’m just a nerd, in general, but I’m ok with that.

4 I’m in training to be a music elitist.

5. I really like getting dressed up, but won’t do it unless I have a reason or someone else is doing it with me.

6. I spent almost 2 years in China.  Yes, I can speak Chinese and use chopsticks.

7. I love real flowers.  I don’t care if they die in a week. 

8. Habakkuk is a good book.  You should read it.

9. I have been to England, Ireland, France, Russia, Italy, Finland, Estonia, Sweden, Denmark, Brazil, Thailand and China and still have not been to Disney World (or Disneyland).

10. After about a month in China, I realized I wasn’t as tough as I thought I was.  I like showers and heat…but I would do it again if God called me to.

11. For 2 years many words were taken out of my vocabulary, especially over the phone.  I still occasionally have panic attacks when I hear them or say them.

12. I love baseball.  I always have and always will.  Wilkey (my grandfather) taught me to love it.

13. I love college football, and bleed garnet.  The phrase ‘wait til next season’ comes out without even thinking about it.

14. I worked as a student athletic trainer for USC football, track and field, and swimming and diving.

15. I would like to work as an athletic trainer anywhere, now.  I need a job.

17. I honestly believe God laughs at my life.  And I’m ok with that because He’s God.  He made me and He invented laughter.

18. If I had a house and the money, I would have a batting cage in my basement or backyard.

19. God speaks to me most when I’m writing.

20. I can speak Carlyn’s movie quote language.  Kyle is a close second to Carlyn in being able to speak in quotes, but wins by a landslide if you change it to sports metaphors or clichés. 

21. I am Southern.  Please do not argue with me.

22. From the time I was about 7 until I was 13 or so, I wanted to play baseball for Florida State on my way to playing in the majors.  And I actually thought I could.

23. I love ultimate Frisbee and flag football.

24. Music and sports are always better live.  Always.

25. Colossians 3.17.

5 comments:

  1. I feel like God laughs at me a lot. I think it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also copy my posts from last week that were totally awesome HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah, you know, I've never been to Disneyworld or land either!!! hahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh to this day I still feel #11!! Sarah and I will be sitting on her couch and I'll say an M word and stop and say..."oh wait...haha we're in America!"
    val

    ReplyDelete