Thursday, June 10, 2010

Perfect Timing

I read these 2 posts today on Stuff Christians Like:

Refusing the Gift of the Desert Road

Pretending the Steering Wheel is Enough

The timing was perfect. As I think about all of the things I want or want to do or feel God has called me to in life, I want them all to happen immediately. Not only that, but I feel like I am ready for all of them...even all at once.

But that's just not true. It doesn't mean that my desires are wrong or sinful. It doesn't mean that they are not from God. It doesn't mean that they won't happen at all (that is a possibility, but not a definite).

It does mean, though, that God knows me better than I know myself. His timing is perfect. The truth is that God's blessings are blessings not just because of what they are, but also because of when they happen.

Right now, my words are saying "Your will, not mine, God," while my heart is longing for my will. I pray that He will make my heart match my words.

1 comment: