Saturday, August 14, 2010

SCL: Spotting a Missionary

This SCL post is awesome...and so true.

It reminds me of the book my sister says she's going to write about missionaries coming back to America. She's going to call it "No Ice, Please." Brilliant.

This part is hilarious:

I know when I meet someone and they start talking about their trip to China and all the cultures, towns, language, and people they met. Well, if the story is longer than a few seconds my eyes glaze over as all I can think of is, “But did you get to walk on The Great Wall?”

It's so true. I've been talking about people groups and entire mountain villages who have never heard the name of Jesus and had people ask, "Did you go to the Olympics in Beijing?" or "How far were you from the Great Wall?"

No comments:

Post a Comment